Liebster Blog AwardPosted: December 21, 2012
Liebster Blog Award
I have blogged just a few months and it is a huge learning curve for me but I am having fun doing it. I wish I could spend more time on the computer reading others’ blogs but shoulder problems limit my computer time. I was surprised and honored to receive the Liebster blog award from sondsamcschatter. You can connect to her blog at
By accepting this award, I am supposed to share 5 random facts about myself and answer 5 questions posed by her. THEN, I nominate 5 other blogs and come up with 5 questions to ask them.
5 RANDOM FACTS
- I grew up out west in a city in the desert with snowy mountains nearby. My younger years were spent enjoying bike riding, skating, snow skiing, waterskiing, and doing things with my hands. I have always loved puzzles and I like to problem solve. I now live in the country in the east.
- I am a shy person. I have worked through that shyness to be able to meet new people and even speak in front of groups. It is outside my comfort zone to be blogging and sharing myself with the world but I am enjoying the adventure.
- I love to teach. I prefer the one-on-one kind of teaching, but I do have fun teaching groups. I like to learn from others and enjoy seeing the “light” come on when someone learns something new.
- I am a prankster with an innocent face. As a kid, I could think of a good practical joke. Seems like everyone else but me would be accused of instigating the joke. What goes around, comes around – I laughed at the jokes played on me.
- I am a person of few words. Those “the essay must be at least two pages” assignments were painful. It was work for me to write more than half a page.
Answer to my Questions:
- What makes you laugh & what brings Joy to your life??? Serving or helping others. Helping people brings a joy and satisfaction that nothing else can. When I feel depressed, I know that if I can do something that helps someone else, life is worthwhile.
- What is a hard decision you have had to make in your life?? To stand up for my health when I was exposed to chemicals at work. I knew by doing that I could lose my job and our health insurance and our financial future could be jeopardized.
- How long have you been blogging & what enjoyment have you received from blogging??? I have been blogging almost three months. I enjoy being able to share my ideas and hints with other people. I love to learn. Reading others’ blogs teaches me about all sorts of different things.
- Where is your “happy place”??? My happy place is with family and friends who love and accept me for the person I am. I learned a long time ago that “home” is a feeling that exists among people, it is not a location.
- If you were granted one wish– what would that wish be?? My wish would be the ability to associate freely with people without having to worry about having a reaction to perfumes or environments.
- What is something you have accomplished in your life, are working to accomplish or want to accomplish?
- How do you reward yourself?
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- What is something you look forward to in the future?
- What is a piece of advice you’d like to share?
For those with blogs chosen for the award– you copy and paste the award in your blog. You tell who nominated you with a link to my blog. You tell five random things about yourself and then answer my questions. When that is all done, nominate five bloggers that you follow and send them the rules and create five new questions for them to answer along with their random things.
Sondasmcschatter, thank you for nominating me. You keep going in spite of the challenges. Keep on blogging.